Saturday, September 25, 2021

Q&A with Tim Harris

 

 


 

Tim Harris is the author of the new children's picture book The Book of Hugs. He is a motivational speaker, disability advocate, and restaurateur.

 

Q: What inspired you to write The Book of Hugs?

 

A: I am famous for my hugs and I am excited to teach people, especially children around the world, how I hug. I want to inspire everyone to enjoy hugs as much as I do.

 

Q: What do you think Charlie Astrella's illustrations add to the book?

 

A: Charlie’s pictures add a lot of fun. They represent parts of my life that mean a lot to me and they make people laugh and make reading my book more enjoyable.

 

Q: What do you hope kids take away from the story?

 

A: I want kids to know that hugs make the world a better place and I want them to feel safe and loved. 

 

Q: What are you working on now?

 

A: I am helping an organization called Hearts of Joy raise money to help babies with Down Syndrome around the world who need heart surgery. 

 

We are preparing for a huge Hug-a-thon that will reach millions of people. We are planning a hug celebration in January for my birthday which is actually National Hugging Day!

 

Q: Anything else we should know?

 

A: I believe that hugs are the medicine to heal the world. Oh Yeah!

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb

No comments:

Post a Comment