Thursday, October 31, 2019

Q&A with Nancy Rips


Nancy Rips is the author of the new children's picture book Noah and the Eight Trucks of Hanukkah. Her other books include Seder Stories and High Holiday Stories. She lives in Omaha.

Q: How did you come up with the idea for Noah and the Eight Trucks of Hanukkah?

A: When my grandson, Noah was younger, he LOVED trucks. He always had a truck in each hand. I thought that could be a new idea for a holiday book – trucks with Hanukkah!

Q: What do you hope kids learn about Hanukkah from the book?

A: I hope kids learn that Hanukkah is joyous. It can be filled with lights and latkes and candles and trucks. Lots of trucks!

Q: What do you think Marina Saumell's illustrations add to the book?

A: I think the illustrators’ drawings make the book come alive. Anyone can tell a story, but a book has a story and pictures.

Q: What are you working on now?

A: I’m working on a book about people’s memories of Shabbat.

Q: Anything else we should know?

A: Nope! I appreciate you asking me these questions, and I wish you all the best.

--Interview with Deborah Kalb

No comments:

Post a Comment