Michelle Grace is the author of the new children's board book I'm Right Here. She lives in Manhattan.
Q: What inspired you to write I’m Right Here?
A: My daughter, Mira, inspired the book. She came into my
life through surrogacy, and our early bonding journey was both deeply
meaningful and challenging. I was learning childhood development while
learning, through play and storytelling, how to build our connection.
“I’m right here” became my bedtime reassurance to her and eventually, the heart
of this book.
Q: What do you think Lea Androic’s illustrations add to the book?
A: Lea’s illustrations gave life to the words on every
single page. She brought the book to life! She perfectly executed everything I
felt internally. It's incredible what happens when the stars line up for a
project!
Q: What do you think the book says about the mother-child bond?
A: It says that the bond is extremely powerful. The mother
child bond is your legacy. It’s infinite.
Q: How was the book’s title chosen? Can you say more about what it signifies
for you?
A: The title comes from the words I often said to Mira at
bedtime. They became a turning point in my journey as a mother, expressing the
connection and reassurance I wanted her to feel at night and forever throughout
her life.
To me, “I’m Right Here” is powerful. It’s “I’m right here now and forever with
you.” That love and care poured into you will always be your guide.
Q: What are you working on now?
A: I’m working on releasing two children’s books, My Wild
Imagination and Welcome Home, Little Fairy.
Q: Anything else we should know?
A: I hope, one day, my daughter will read this book to her own child and that it will continue to be passed down through generations. I want these words to carry the love I feel for her; a love she can return to throughout her life and someday share with her own children and grandchildren.
--Interview with Deborah Kalb


No comments:
Post a Comment