Saturday, March 2, 2024

Q&A with Mary Frances Fisher

 


 

Mary Frances Fisher is the author of the new novel Growing Up O'Malley. She also has written the novel Paradox Forged in Blood. She lives in Cleveland, Ohio.

 

Q: Growing Up O’Malley was inspired by your family history--what balance did you seek between fiction and history as you wrote the novel?

 

A: It’s 75-80 percent history.

 

Q: The book has been described as a “companion novel” to your previous book, Paradox Forged in Blood. Can you describe the relationship between the two?

 

A: It’s a companion novel to my first book (a murder mystery), Paradox Forged in Blood, because it involves the same characters in the O’Malley family.

 

Q: How did you research Growing Up O'Malley, and did you learn anything that especially surprised you?

 

A: Luckily, the majority of the O’Malleys and their spouses lived into their 90s and I was able to interview them for stories included in my book. I also included the multitude of stories from my mother before her death in 2008 (she’s the baby in the 1920 cover portrait).

 

Q: What are you working on now?

 

A: I’m currently working on two projects: When I Grow Up: A Collection of Short Stories and a paranormal mystery, You’re Never Truly Alone

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb

No comments:

Post a Comment