Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Q&A with Kristy Woodson Harvey

  


 

 

Kristy Woodson Harvey is the author of the new novel Falling for Peachtree Bluff, the fifth in her Peachtree Bluff series. She lives in North Carolina. 

 

Q: What inspired you to write this new Peachtree Bluff novel?

 

A: It was the strangest thing…Peachtree Bluff was supposed to be a three-book series, and then Christmas in Peachtree Bluff was going to be a bonus book. But the minute I finished writing it, I knew what came next. And I started writing right away! It was absolutely so much fun, just for me, and I never even thought it would be published.

 

Q: Does it help to have read the other books in the series, or can someone enjoy this book on its own?

 

A: There is a secret that unravels in book one that you know from the beginning of Falling for Peachtree Bluff, so I do think it would help to at least read book one to see how that plays out and familiarize yourself with the characters because there are a lot of them! But I try to give enough catch up info that you could start with book five if you wanted to!

 

Q: How do you think your characters have changed over the course of the series?

 

A: They’ve all had really fun character arcs.

 

Ansley begins the series afraid of a secret that could ruin her family, and is living her life fully free of it by book five. Caroline is kind of a pill in the first book. She’s harsh and critical, but, by the end of the series, she’s… happy. Which is not an adjective Caroline would have even cared about in book one! Sloane is so much stronger and more capable of saying what she wants. Emerson has found a balance she couldn’t quite seem to achieve before.

 

I love where I left each of these women in book five. I feel proud of the people they have become!

 

Q: How would you describe the dynamic among the members of the Murphy family?

 

A: Messy but loving. This is a family that fights and forgives and always, always has each other's backs no matter what.

 

Q: What are you working on now? Will you return to these characters again?

 

A: I am working on a fun surprise for 2027 that we haven’t announced yet, but it’s a new location for me. And there’s snow! It’s a little odd to be writing about snow during the summer, but here we are!

 

And… I don’t really know. I have an idea for spinoff series that I’m very excited about. And, if I’m honest, I do have another idea (or two!) for the Murphy family. But I’m also extremely happy with where I left them and feel content if the series is finished. There is so much I want to write!

Q: Anything else we should know?

 

A: Just how grateful I am to my readers and the wonderful people like you who help spread the word about my books! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb. Here's a previous Q&A with Kristy Woodson Harvey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment