Katherine Marie is the author of the new book High Five Your Spirit Guides. She lives in the Pacific Northwest.
Q: What inspired you to write High Five Your Spirit Guides?
A: High Five Your Spirit Guides came about through a series of small synchronicities and moments of intuition.
If someone had asked me even a year ago if I would be promoting a book I wrote and published about spirit guides and higher connection, I would have thought they were talking crazy. I come from a technology background where things are very fact-based, so embracing my spiritual side was a challenge.
When I started to see beyond mere coincidences and question whether there was more going on in a spiritual sense, I looked for books and didn’t find anything quite right. I wanted something very straightforward, yet thorough, and finally, I worked with my spirit guides and wrote the book I wished I had at the beginning.
Q: You write, “This isn’t a book that demands belief. This is a book that asks for openness.” Can you say more about that?
A: I put “This isn’t a book that demands belief. This is a book that asks for openness” in the introduction because I wanted to start the book by letting readers know it’s okay to be skeptical and to question intuition, guidance, and spiritual connection. I personally have doubts at times.
The way to work past the doubt is to set it aside and be open to the possibilities. Trust what you are feeling rather than dismiss it. Analyze the signs you are seeing instead of explaining them away.
High Five Your Spirit Guides introduces many concepts that may take some getting used to, and I want the reader to think about them rather than rely on blind faith.
Q: How was the book’s title chosen, and what does it signify for you?
A: The title High Five Your Spirit Guides came to me out of nowhere. I knew I was going to write a book about intuition, connection, and spirit guides, but hadn’t even written the first word when the image of high fiving my spirit team came to me.
I grew up playing sports, and this gesture really signifies connection and teamwork. It seemed the perfect way to convey the central theme of the book in an engaging way, and that is, you are not alone. You have support and a loving presence around you.
Q: What impact did it have on you to write this book, and what do you hope readers take away from it?
A: Writing High Five Your Spirit Guides was a complete 180 from anything I focused on in the past. It was part of a much larger spiritual awakening where I learned to trust the nudges and believe the signs are real.
As I went through the process of creating the book, my relationship with my spirit guides grew astronomically, and my ability to use my intuition became much stronger. There has been a significant shift in my life overall.
I hope that readers can use the book to help begin or to continue their own spiritual journey and awakening. These are challenging times, and many people feel isolated and lonely. My book can help with that by guiding the reader to the loving support system that has been with them all along.
Q: What are you working on now?
A: I have a couple of projects in the works and will release a second book early next year focusing on similar themes of intuition and connection.
My book High Five Your Spirit Guides is simply the beginning of what I hope will be a long, meaningful career sharing what I learn and spreading enlightenment where I can for many years to come.
--Interview with Deborah Kalb


No comments:
Post a Comment