Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Q&A with Jill Shalvis

 


 

 

Jill Shalvis is the author of the new novel The Friendship Pact. Her many other books include The Forever Girl. She lives in the Sierras.

 

Q: What inspired you to write The Friendship Pact, and how did you create your characters Tae, April, and Riggs?

 

A: I’ve always wanted to write a story about a teenage girl who found her “The One” (lol, I’m such a sap) and then blew it … and then runs into that “The One” (sexy Riggs!) years later. Would she take the second chance? And just like that, Tae and Riggs were practically writing their own story.

 

As for April (Tae’s mom), I loved that she’d had Tae as a teen herself because that made the mom/daughter relationship deliciously complicated. I also love complicated. J


Q: How would you describe the relationship between Tae and April?

 

A: Complicated! April was 15 when she had Tae, so to say they raised each other isn’t far off the mark. Although Tae would tell you SHE raised her mom, and not the other way around. J

 

Q: This is the second in your Sunrise Cove series, set in Lake Tahoe. Why did you choose that setting?

 

A: I live in the area and I thought it was about time I set a series here in the place I love so very much. You can’t go wrong with it as a setting; gorgeous mountains, glorious lakes, snow in the winter, amazing warm sunny summer days…

 

Q: What do you hope readers take away from this novel?

 

A: If a reader finishes my book with a smile, I’m happy. I hope I’m delivering feel good fiction. J

 

Q: What are you working on now?

 

A: I’m currently putting the finishing touches on The Backup Plan (January 2023), and I can’t WAIT for it to come out. A battered old Wild West inn and the three strangers who inherit it together — except they’re not quite strangers, more like long-lost estranged friends. You’ll see!’

 

Q: Anything else we should know?

 

A: I’ve got lots of good stuff ahead for you all to read! Please find me on Instagram, Tiktok, FB, and Twitter and let me know what you think! XOXO!

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb. Here's a previous Q&A with Jill Shalvis.

No comments:

Post a Comment