Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Q&A with Treva Brandon Scharf

 


 

Treva Brandon Scharf is the author of the new book Done Being Single: A Late Bloomer's Guide to Love. Also a life coach and fitness professional, she co-hosts the podcast Done Being Single with her husband.

 

Q: What inspired you to write Done Being Single?

 

A: I had been writing a blog and contributing dating advice to other publications for a few years, and thought it was time to put it all in a book—not just a compilation of previously published content, but new material. It’s the stories behind the blogs, with more context and confessions. 

 

Q: How would you define a late bloomer, and what would you say are the most common perceptions and misconceptions about them?

 

A: There are so many definitions of a late bloomer, but a late bloomer to me is someone who takes their time, goes at their own pace, seems to be lagging behind, then all of a sudden, BAM! They discover themselves, realize their potential, and find their groove.   

 

Q: What impact did it have on you to write this book, and what do you hope readers take away from it?

 

A: Ask me in a few months what the impact is because right now, I have no idea! Here’s what I can tell you though: writing the book was cathartic and empowering because I found my voice. I hope my journey will resonate with readers, and empower their own journey to find themselves (and love) at any age in life. 

 

Q: You and your husband also have a podcast called Done Being Single. How would you describe the relationship between the podcast and the book?

 

A: The podcast was great inspiration for the book because the guests we interviewed were brilliant, and they taught me so much about life and love. We have over 100+ episodes, with some of the top thought leaders and experts in the relationship and personal growth space, and their wisdom was perfect for the book. 

 

Q: What are you working on now?

 

A: I’m writing my second book in my mind.

 

Q: Anything else we should know?

 

A: I’m so grateful for being given this opportunity to share my story and thoughts. Thank you so much, Deborah!

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb

No comments:

Post a Comment