Friday, March 17, 2023

Q&A with Rocco Smirne

 


 

 

Rocco Smirne is the author of the new children's picture book Rocco at the White House Easter Egg Roll!. He also has written the picture book Rocco Travels with the Presidents!. He is 8 years old and is an elementary school student.

 

Q: Why did you decide to write Rocco at the White House Easter Egg Roll?

 

A: I like going to the Egg Roll at the White House and I thought it would be fun to tell people more about it.

 

Q: What was your favorite experience at the White House? 

 

A: When my best friend Henry got to come with me to the White House Egg Roll last year!!

 

Q: Did you always know you wanted to write books? 

 

A: No, I didn't, BUT, I enjoy it now and like writing all types of books at home!

 

Q: What do you hope other kids learn from your book? 

 

A: I hope they learn about the Egg Roll  and the fun activities there. And, if you can't go to the White House Egg Roll, you can still do fun Easter things at your house!

 

Q: Are you writing another book? 

 

A: "Am I"? "I will" 😄 !!

 

Q: Anything else we should know? 

 

A: When I am not writing, I like playing basketball, drawing, and playing video games with my little brother.

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb

No comments:

Post a Comment