Friday, April 28, 2023

Q&A with Francesca Miracola

 


 

 

Francesca Miracola is the author of the new memoir I Got It From Here. She is the founder of Protagonist Within LLC, and she lives on Long Island.

 

Q: Why did you decide to write this memoir, and what impact did it have on you to write it?

 

A: I’ve always felt a pull towards healing and a desire to connect with others in a way that inspires them to do the same. My purpose called to me for decades. But I plugged away at my accounting career, paying the bills, feeling unfulfilled, not pursuing my dreams.

 

A significant component of my healing purpose was to write my book and share my story – deep down I just knew it. It gnawed at me for years until my breast cancer diagnosis finally motivated me to write it.

 

When the doctor gave me the news, my first thought was my children; I feared I would leave them too young. My second thought was the book; I feared I would die without having written it. Soon after my treatment I began writing. At first, I thought it would be an angry, vindictive telling of what my ex did to me. But as I feverishly typed away, it turned out to be a cathartic release of the past.

 

My eyes were opened to the fact that I was the protagonist. And the protagonist gets to decide how the story unfolds. In that instant I decided to create my business, Protagonist Within, LLC, where I write, coach, speak, and practice A Course in Miracles.

 

Q: How would you describe the dynamic between you and your first husband?

 

A: Nonexistent is the first word that comes to mind. He’s estranged from our young adult sons, so we have no reason to interact. Having said that, the mental dynamic, at least for me, shifted over the years. I no longer feel hate, anger, or the need for vengeance. I’ve come to understand he was acting out from his own wounds and projecting his pain on me and our boys.

 

I’ve learned to be thankful for the role he played in my awakening; the ordeal inspired me to heal. I discovered A Course in Miracles and embarked on my spiritual journey, found the strength to break the cycle of trauma in my family, and decided to live in peace and joy, hoping to inspire others to do the same. Forgiveness was the key, not to give him a free pass but instead to set me free.

 

Q: What do your family members think of the book?

 

A: They love it and they’re proud of me – not only because of the effort it took to write it, but for the work I did to heal. I’m more at peace than ever before and they appreciate that. I believe the book and my raw honesty helped us process the past and move forward with love. I’m delighted to know that all in all they consider me an inspiration.

 

Q: What are you working on now?

 

A: Launching my book, expanding my coaching practice, creating a podcast, and drafting another memoir.

 

Q: Anything else we should know?

 

A: Please visit me at my website Francesca Miracola to learn more about my book and coaching services.

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb

No comments:

Post a Comment