Saturday, February 24, 2024

Q&A with Lily Wade Napier

 


 

 

Lily Wade Napier is the author of the new children's book Albert Mittens vs the Aliens. She is 9 years old and she lives in England.

 

Q: Why did you decide to write Albert Mittens vs. the Aliens?

 

A: I chose to write about Albert Mittens vs the Aliens because I love cats and have lots of friends that love cats too. I wanted to a funny, entertaining story for people my age to read. 

 

Q: How did you create your character Albert?

 

A: Albert is based on my real 3-year-old cat, Albert. I imagined Albert as a superhero and I decided to make a book about him. (I have four other cats too, Violet, Malcolm, Mr. Bottomsley, and Leo.)

 

Q: Did you know how the story would end before you started writing it, or did you make many changes along the way?

 

A: Before writing the book I had the basic idea, but I came up with the aliens along the way. It developed as it went along.

 

Q: What do you hope readers take away from your book?

 

A: I hope it will make people laugh and inspire kids my age who read my book to maybe write their own story. 

 

Q: What are you working on now?

 

A: The next thing I am working on is a book called Grace and the Lost Treasure, about a girl who lives in the woods. She finds a log cabin that a man lives in who used to be a historian, and he tells her about the treasure. No more spoilers, hehe...

 

Q: Anything else we should know?

 

A: I also love painting and drawing. In fact I was drawing a tiger just before writing these answers. Thanks for the great questions!

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb

No comments:

Post a Comment