Saturday, June 8, 2024

Q&A with E.V. Frapiere

 


 

 

E.V. Frapiere is the author of the new poetry collection Impromptu. She also has written the collection Through My Mother's Voice, I Found My Own. She is based in Chicago.

 

Q: Over how long a period did you write the poems in your new collection?

 

A: I wrote the book over three years ago. When I lost my dad in 2021, I was so grief-stricken that I put everything on hold. I'm beginning to learn that I write my best through life experiences. 

 

Q: I’m so sorry for your loss…

 

How did you decide on the order in which the poems would appear in the book?

 

A: I wanted to write a cheeky book of poems which is where my energy was being directed. Each main chapter has a theme attached to the poetry.

 

Q: How was the book’s title chosen, and what does it signify for you?

 

A: The title was chosen with the intent of writing short poems with a vast meaning. Impromptu, by definition, means unrehearsed on the fly. Most of the poems were based on my energy during the day, and my inspiration for the day served as a muse! 

 

Q: What do you hope readers take away from the collection?

 

A: I want readers to understand that positives can emerge from negatives. It's better to transform pain into strength, and hopefully, you can eventually find joy and even laughter through poetry.

 

Q: What are you working on now?

 

A: I'm currently researching for my next book, a novel about the “Twin Flame” journey. More to come later in the year. 

 

Q: Anything else we should know? 

 

A: I have another book entitled “Havoc” due out at the end of the year. I'm excited for this book to be released because it fits the times we find ourselves. 

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb. Here's a previous Q&A with E.V. Frapiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment