Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Q&A with Jill Shalvis

 


 

Jill Shalvis is the author of the new novel The Bright Spot, part of her Sunrise Cove series. Her many other novels include The Sweetheart List. She lives in the Sierras.

 

Q: Your new novel includes a wide variety of animals, particularly a cute baby goat. How did you come up with the idea for these characters?

 

A: We’ve always had a lot of animals, most of them rescues, so I love to put them in my books. In The Bright Spot’s case, I had a unique opportunity to go big, thanks to the farm.

 

Q: How was the book's title chosen, and what does it signify for you?

 

A: The title references Luna (our heroine) and how for her, this tree farm is her entire life, her “bright spot.” It’s also the name of the farm-to-table café on the property.


Q: The Publishers Weekly review of the book says, “There’s a ton of heart here.” What do you think of that assessment?

 

A: They also said “it’s a home run!”, which was a huge thrill. I think any time you marry fully developed characters with a down-on-their-luck situation, and then add in fur babies for humor, you can’t really miss the heart.

 

Q: What are you working on now?

 

A: Currently putting finishing touches on The Summer Escape, which comes out this June! ! It’s a wild ride, I’ll you that. A sort of treasure hunt on the run, if you will. J

 

Q: Anything else we should know?

 

A: I love to connect with readers. I’m a huge reader myself. They can reach me:

Jillshalvis.com

Instagram.com/jillshalvis

Facebook.com/jillshalvis

 

--Interview with Deborah Kalb. Here's a previous Q&A with Jill Shalvis.

No comments:

Post a Comment