Friday, January 16, 2015

Q&A with Lauren Oliver


Lauren Oliver is the author of many novels for young adults and middle-grade readers, as well as a novel for adults, Rooms. Her new young adult novel, Vanishing Girls, will be released soon. She is based in Brooklyn and upstate New York.

Q: Your new novel, Vanishing Girls, focuses on the relationship between two sisters. What about the dynamic between sisters intrigues you? 

A: I have an older sister, and as we've grown older I've found it interesting how our lives are inevitably intertwined. I'm intrigued by how we are defined both our similarities and our differences.  

Q: You've written for young adults, adults, and middle-grade readers. Do you have a preference, and do you find that your writing process is at all different depending on the age of your readers? 

A: I don't, and it's not at all different! I don't really think of the books I'm writing in terms of age or genre while they're in process as much as I think in terms of stories.  

Q: Do you know how your novels will end before you start writing, or do you make many changes as you're working on the book? 

A: Sometimes there's changes, but I usually know at least a general idea of where I want it to end up. Sometimes I write the last page first! 

Q: What are you working on now? 

A: I'm working on a new Adult novel, and I have a super secret Middle Grade series that you'll be hearing about soon!  

Q: Anything else we should know? 

A: There's going to be a lot of exclusive Lauren Oliver materials coming soon! Make sure to follow me on twitter, tumblr, or FB so you don't miss anything!

--Interview with Deborah Kalb




No comments:

Post a Comment